- Preparing people for senior management positions
- Theory is not enough if you want to succeed in practice
- Practical tools and tips to guide people through senior management challenges
- 12 – 24 months long, integrated into your business
- Do you want managers and associates to take ownership?
“I didn't really believe in training and was very sceptical about the merits of any programme like this. It has been invaluable in my development and it undoubtedly influenced my promotion”
Associate, Top 50 law firm
Our programme ‘Leading a professional services firm’
Leadership is not about being the only person with good ideas who charges ahead shouting “follow me” to a team of supporters.
Leadership in a professional firm is about adaptability, performance management, delegation, challenge and curiosity. It’s about the courage to stand up for what is right and to learn emotional intelligence. Financial and business acumen is as important as people leadership skills.
Our programme ‘Leading a professional services firm’ is a series of half day modules spread over 12 to 24 months. The learning is sent out ahead of meeting together so that time can be best spent in engaging with other people within the firm addressing common issues and identifying solutions. Each module sets challenges that delegates complete over the intervening period and personal achievements are shared with the group. A lack of results could warrant further study to see if they are appropriate for the programme that includes:
• What do we mean by leadership within this PSF?
• Strategic planning
• Personal Impact and brand
• Leading others
• Understanding people and teams
• Financial performance
• Negotiation conversations
• The catalyst for change
• Influence and persuasion
• Talent Management
• Business Development (1 and 2)
• Project work
The programme enables the management board to meet their high potentials and discuss key issues, sometimes providing solutions and sometimes canvassing views on important topics. If you want to break the silos in your business and develop the next generation of leaders then call us on 01892 610060 or email Paul@thegrogroup.com
Leadership in a Professional Services Firm case study
See all testimonials